- The Rainfresh R1245 UV water disinfection system protects your water by using the natural disinfection properties of ultraviolet light (or simply UV).
- The Rainfresh R1245 UV water disinfection system is non-chemical and imparts no residual chemicals into the water.
- The result is a simple, cost effective way of treating your water.
- The Rainfresh R1245 UV water disinfection system features an audible alarm and visual LED lamp expiry indicator (with 7-day override feature) to show end of lamp life - 9000 hrs of use (approx 1 year)
- Installs easily in 60-75 minutes - easy-to-follow instructions for do-it-yourself installation included
- PLEASE NOTE: You must install a 5 micron or finer sediment pre-filter like Rainfresh Model FC150 (Sold Separately)
How It Works:
- The system is installed on the main water line, typically after the pressure tank.
- Untreated water enters from the bottom end of the system.
- As the water flows through the UV chamber, it is subjected to ultraviolet (UV) light emitted by a special UV lamp.
- The UV light instantaneously inactivates bacteria and viruses that may be present in the water, making the water microbiologically safe to drink.
- The treated water flows out from the outlet port and is ready to be consumed.
- Homes, Cottages, Laboratories, Industries & Other applications
- Max Flow Rate:
- 12 US GPM (45LPM) (or for a 3-4 bathroom home/cottage, 3/4" piping)
- Electronic controller (ballast)
- Power cord and mounting bracket
- UV lamp & quartz dome