Forney, 43400 1/8'' Nomacast Iron Electrodes (1/2 lb)
- Non-machinable joins cast to other metals.
- Non-conductive flux coating. Specially developed for welding dirty, heat affected, contaminated and oxidized cast iron.
- For all cast iron repair welding not requiring machinable weld metal.
- Will bond to severely contaminated or oxidized cast iron surfaces due to its combination of arc drive, flux coating and weld metal combination.
- Ideally suited to the cladding of heat oxidized or oil impregnated castings, prior to joining with high nickel alloys.
- Use also for welding broken cast iron where machinability of the weld is not required.
- Typical applications: Ideal for base machines, structures such as pedestals, frames, housings, and casting shapes of all types.
- Use also for joining cast iron to steel and for repairing holes in large castings.
- Tensile Strength: 62,000 PSI
- Hardness: Rockwell C39.
- Recommended Amperage: (70-125 AMPS) Use DC reverse or straight polarity, or AC.